Presenting Kaspersky Trial Reset for Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2015/2014/2013/2012/2011, Kaspersky Antivirus (KAV) 2015/Q2014/2013/2012/2011 and Kaspersky PURE 3.0/2.0, Kaspersky EndPoint Security 8/9/10 and Kaspersky Small Office Security 3/2
Q: What’s the functionality of Kaspersky Trial Reset (KTR) or on what factors does KTR do or Basic Principle on which KTR works?
A: Kaspersky Trial Reset deletes your currently installed license file of Kaspersky Product and deletes only those registry files that recognize, that you already have installed Kaspersky Product, which version (KIS, KAV or PURE), which license (retail or trial), for how long and active duration of currently installed license (remaining days/validity of your license)..
When you perform reset through KTR, it makes your Kaspersky Product think it has been installed on a new OS and thus you are once again allowed to activate the Trial version for 30 days, because your installed Kaspersky product is unable to find the requisite registry files to deny your trial activation for another 30 days.
Q: Will resetting the trial period infect your Kaspersky product or will it make your Kaspersky product Vulnerable to viruses, trojans and/or other malware threats?
A: I don’t think it does any harm to your system as far as I’ve tested, as of Virustotal.com report, 14 Negative and 46 Positive Votes as of today and a detection ratio of 22/57 with most detections of permissions required such as get version and version info etc. that are actually required to know which version of Kaspersky product you have installed such as KIS/KAV/PURE etc.
How to Reset the Trial of Kaspersky Product:
1. Download the provided file and extract its contents.
2. Open your installed Kaspersky product and Goto Settings>Self Defense>Disable it..
3. Disable Protection (optional but if reset fails, then try to disable protection).
4. Right click the Kaspersky tray icon and exit the app.
5. Go to the folder, where you have extracted the downloaded Kaspersky Trail Reset 2015.
6. Double click the Kaspersky Trial Reset 2015.exe and Click on reset. (locale may be in russian)
7. If above steps done properly, A message box will appear seeking your confirmation in green (otherwise it’ll be in red color)
8. Once you have confirmed to reset the trial, the resetter will exit immediately and will launch your installed Kaspersky product.
9. It’ll display “License is missing” in license message box and that’s it..
10. Go ahead and click on activate trial version.
11. ENJOY .. !!
NOTE: PLEASE SUPPORT THE AUTHORS, IF YOU LOVE THEIR WORK BY PURCHASING IT . . .
Tags: kaspersky trial reset, kaspersky krt, ktr, trial reset kis kav, activate kaspersky kis kav, free download license file, extend trial version